Lecturer, Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- Doctor of Management (with credit) in the area of education management 
- Doctor of Management (A Cert.) awarded after one year of post-doctoral research on Hong Kong education reforms 
- Companion of International Management Centres Association awarded after 5 years of post-doctoral research on Hong Kong education reforms 
- MA in language studies
- BA in philosophy
- Teacher Certificate
Management of organizational change, Educational management (tertiary level and school level), Curriculum development, Outcome-based approach to education, Target-oriented curriculum, IT in education, Educational reform, Quality of English language teaching and learning, Quality of English language assessment.
- Teaching of English language & communication [tertiary level: 20 years, school level: over 10 years]
- Examiner & marker of public English language examinations in Hong Kong and United Arab Emirates in the Middle East.
- Other work experiences [Electronics company operation manager, Documentation centre coordinator, Insurance company inspector, Factory technical draftsman: 6 years in total]
In the past 20 years, I have been teaching tertiary level English language and communication to post-grad research students and undergrad students from over 20 departments of various disciplines (including health technology and informatics, business and management, health and social sciences, engineering and building services, environment studies and land survey). This helps develop not only my pedagogic sensitivity, but also my general knowledge of a wide range of disciplines to some extent. Through analyzing research related academic and scientific writing, my students and I benefit from each other in two interwoven aspects of quality: the quality of language and communication and the quality of discipline related research work.
For more than 5 years, I was a member of the Quality Assurance Committee/Staff Development Committee of the English Language Centre I work with, and I am currently Chairman of the Learning and Teaching Committee of the Centre. The duties of these two committees include staff appraisal, quality assurance and continuous improvement of subjects and curricula and the related formal documentation work.
I have completed several educational projects most of which were funded by the University. From 2008 to 2011, for example, I was Leader of a funded research project aimed to evaluate the effects of the inter-departmental collaboration between a discipline department and the English Language Centre on the quality of student performances and related aspects in the milieu of outcome-based approach to education. External professionals from the discipline concerned were invited to assess students’ performances. This project has been a very valuable experience for developing QA sensitivity in discipline specific language education.